It really helped to have a few goals in place but I know I can do even better, and really want to focus on that. I typically struggle with car trips, there is something about getting in the car that makes me automatically hungry or in the mood to munch.
- Pack car snacks: In order to avoid unhealthy gas station snacks, I packed up my dinner along with a few car snacks to keep me satisfied. This was extremely helpful and I was completely satisfied with my dinner and snacks. I had cucumber slices, grapes, a turkey & cheese sandwich, string cheese and some Boom Chicka Pop. Side Note: If you haven't had Boom Chicka Pop before, I would highly recommend it. This stuff is delicious! It's a Sea Salt Popcorn and you get 3 1/3 Cups for 4 points. It is great when you are in the mood for a salty snack!
- Breakfast: I did great with this on Saturday a.m. I packed a Greek Yogurt, Hard Boiled Egg Whites and a Banana. I ate this before we went wedding dress shopping.
- Eating Out: Saturday's lunch was not too bad at all. I piled my plate high with greens, 0 pts. veggies, a few bacon bits, some sunflower seeds and topped it with a little olive oil and vinegar. I estimated 4 points for this salad because I went very light on the toppings. I also took a small amount of the broccoli salad. You know the one with cheese and a mayo and bacon bits. I topped off my lunch with a very small cheese biscuit. My total lunch was 12 points and I was completely satisfied.
- Eating Out: The 2nd part of my eating out was definitely my biggest failure. We actually got done shopping early so we headed out for a celebratory drink. I had a bloody mary and few beers as well as a few bites of a sun dried tomato dip with pita chips. After that it was back to Amanda's house for grilling. I started off the night drinking a big glass of water and filling it up several times as I continued to have beers. But I didn't track anything as I went. I tried my best to recall everything I ate the next morning. But I am sure I forgot a few things.
- Tracking: I could have been more successful with my tracking, but I also wasn't horrible. I am still working on this and hope that this week is better.
That being said, I was really nervous for my weigh in last night. I knew I wasn't perfect and I knew I had been a little reckless with my points. When I got to my meeting I stepped on the scale and I was at the exact same weight I was last week. Honestly, I was thrilled with this result, I knew I could have easily gained weight and probably should have. This week, I am really going to focus on tracking and try to make that my number one priority.