Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Weigh In Update and Thoughts for this Weekend

Last night I weighed in after my successful weekend of tracking and working out and I lost 1.6 pounds.  Which means I lost what I had gained the week before.  Now the next goal I have is to continue losing weight and stop gaining.  One thing that really helped during my meeting last week was listening to other people and how they make their weekends successful.  I compiled a list of tips and ideas of how to make myself more successful on the weekends and here they are:


  • Track the 1st thing you put in your mouth on Saturday & Sunday
  • Schedule workouts/activity first thing on Saturday/Sunday morning
  • Use the Weight Watchers Mobile App (I already have this, but usage is minimal sometimes)
  • Save each bottle cap or swizzle stick when having drinks so you can see the drinks add up and know how many points you've consumed (I really like this idea and think I need to start using it)
  • Carry low points plus value snacks in your car/purse for when you are out running errands
  • Keep water on hand in the car to keep your H2O intake up
  • Have a pack of gum on hand to curb your appetite
  • Alternate a glass of water with every cocktail you have
  • Eat a healthy breakfast to start your day off on the right foot
  • Have an accountability buddy you can text for support
As I have discussed before, weekends tend to be my hardest time.  I am traveling, going to the lake or meeting up with friends and I have found myself getting off plan and letting that throw off my entire weekend. My goal for the next month is to really focus on weekends and try to make them easier for myself and my waistline.  

This weekend I am heading back to Des Moines to help my dear friend Amanda go Wedding Dress shopping.  It's a 3 1/2 hour drive and  I am a person who loves to snack when I am bored in the car.  I have countless pre-weight watchers memories of gas stations stops just to pick up something to snack and generally it was something that wasn't healthy at all.  So this weekend I am really going to focus on making better choices!

Here's my plan:
  1. Pack car snacks: Thursday night I will cut up fruits & veggies as well as pack dinner for myself to eat in the car. This will help me avoid stopping at gas stations where I rarely find anything healthy to eat.
  2. Breakfast: I will be staying with friends both Friday & Saturday night and sometimes I feel weird about bringing in food and having it for breakfast.  I know it's important to start off with a healthy breakfast, so I will be packing yogurt and granola to eat Saturday & Sunday morning so I can start my day off on the right foot.
  3. Eating Out: Saturday in between dress fittings we are going to lunch at Ruby Tuesday.  I have only been there 1 time but I know they have an awesome salad bar.  I plan on ordering a big salad for lunch and adding to it any toppings that are power foods that way I won't spend a lot of points on them and I can keep my lunch points value down.  
  4. Eating Out:  Part 2 of Eating Out will take place at dinner time.  Amanda and a few of her friends and I are going to go to a restaurant to watch some football and have a few beers.  I plan on going in to this weekend with all of my Flex Points as well as any workout points I have acquired and so I will be dipping in to those at this point.  Amanda is very aware of my healthy lifestyle and she is also a very healthy person so I know she will support me.  I am going to aim to alternate anything I drink (Beer or otherwise) with a glass of water.  
  5. Tracking:  I struggle with this on the weekends so I am going to put alarms in my phone as reminders to track my food - I hope this helps me stay on plan and be successful.
Here's to hoping I can stick to the plan this weekend and be successful.  I will keep you posted on how it goes.  As for this week in our meeting we talked about the "Countdown to Thanksgiving." Yes you read that correctly... Thanksgiving is only 8 Weeks away... I about fell off my chair when I read that.  More to come on Thanksgiving goals soon :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I think your first tip about tracking the first thing you put in your mouth is so simple and easy, but so important! Once you start tracking the guilt is there to keep it going. Nice goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Getting ready to update on how it went!

    ReplyDelete